There should be a flash banner here. There are 2 main reasons why you may not be able to see it:
  • You do not have the required version of Flash MX installed (v8.0+) in your browser
  • JavaScript is disabled in your browser
Vanessa

Dalziel Joins SRT For A Trio Of Enduros

Ryan Dalziel will dovetail campaigns in the WEC and Grand Am with a new deal to join factory-backed SRT Motorsports for on the 12 Hours of Sebring in Florida, the Le Mans 24 Hours in France and Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta in one of the team’s pair of SRT Viper GTS-Rs as the final nam,e on a team roster that also includes Tommy Kendall, Marc Goossens, Kuno Wittmer, Dominik Farnbacher and Jonathan Bomarito.

All six drivers took part (with both cars) in the ALMS Winter test at Sebring this week. Ryan is the first and only Scottish driver to hold class titles in The ‘Big Three’ North American Endurance races and Le Mans after his Rolex 24 at Daytona win in 2010 and class wins at the 24 hours of Le Mans, 12 hours of Sebring and Petit Le Mans last year.

“I am really excited about this opportunity. It was something we started to discuss last year but the timing just didn’t work out with my 2012 commitments.

“But now the timing is perfect. I have to thank all the great people at SRT for making me feel at home in such a short time and for giving me this amazing opportunity to work for one of the coolest and most enthusiastic manufacturers in the world right now.

“Their long-term commitment to this program and their unbelievable performance at Petit Le Mans in 2012 is what made me push to be part of this program. I am humbled to be part of the factory SRT Viper GTS-R program and be reunited with Riley Technologies and Bill Riley. So much of my success as a sportscar driver has come in Riley Technologies designed cars and I know that this program will continue that success for SRT Motorsports and myself.

“Sebring, Le Mans and Petit Le Mans are three of the toughest races in the world. To go back to all three races after winning them all last year, in another competitive car, such as the SRT Viper is a dream come true for a driver, and I am going to do everything I can to help put the team on the top step of the podium.”

“To me, chemistry, relationships and personalities are the most important thing. I don’t think SRT Motorsports would have picked me if they didn’t think I was going to gel and vice-versa. For me, I didn’t need proof that the car was going to be fast; I know the car is going to be good. I just want to make sure that we all get along. To me, being involved in racing as long as I have, having good relationships and good chemistry is 90 percent of the battle. The other 10 percent, is a lot of the stuff that we can’t control.”

The detailed driver line-up for each of the two Viper GTS-R cars will be announced prior to the 12 Hours of Sebring.

SRT Motorsports Beth Paretta:

“Ryan Dalziel is an excellent addition to our SRT Motorsports team. He’s an accomplished racer and his intensity complements the enthusiasm of our team. Now, we turn our focus to final preparation of our Viper GTS-Rs for a full ALMS schedule and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.”

SRT Motorsports Racing Manager Gary Johnson:

“We’re elated we had a chance to interview Ryan and provide insight about our approach to the racing program. We knew immediately that he was going to fit right in with the team. He compliments our driver’s racing savvy, their commitment to succeed. Ryan has been very successful on the track. I’ve had the opportunity to see him win in all the key races that we’ll be competing in this season. He’s the right piece of the puzzle we were seeking.”